Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#671582 - 01/24/07 10:14 PM use of scripts and automation tools.
HalloweenMan Offline
New Poster
HalloweenMan
someplace, usa
I wanted to hear everyones thoughts on the risk of using scripts in a banking network environment. When I say scripts I mean file to help automate repetitive or tedious tasks generally in a Microsoft Windows environment. These script could use file extensions like .bat .cmd .vbs.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#672332 - 01/25/07 06:12 PM Re: use of scripts and automation tools. HalloweenMan
BankMan88 Offline
New Poster
BankMan88
We use them all over the place. Be sure to have a process in place that allows you to monitor success/failure and that the running task is providing accurate results. Just because a log shows the task was successful doesn't always mean the results are accurate. For our critical processes we have daily monitoring and realtime success/failure notification. We'll never trust the tasks always run the way they should so we always keep an eye on them. It's also important that a second person knows where the scripts are, what they are doing and that a copy of them is archived somewhere. God forbid the creator 'gets hit by a bus' and no one else understands what scripts run what.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z