Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#674661 - 01/29/07 06:55 PM e-sign and stop payments
Darkhorse Offline
Platinum Poster
Darkhorse
out of my mind
We are in the middle of an installation of a new internet banking product and the vendor has made a claim I want to follow up on. They are telling us that the customer would not need to physically sign a stop payment request to make it effective for the full six months instead of 14 days because the act of logging in is basically an electronic signature. That seems very odd to me, but I haven't dealt with e-sign before. Any help is greatly appreciated!

proud 2 b BOLWYWTCCUT

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#674842 - 01/29/07 08:39 PM Re: e-sign and stop payments Darkhorse
osoalone Offline
100 Club
Texas
We just went with a new internet provider. In the past we did not offer a stop payment option but we do now. Our system has a form and disclosure that they print out and sign and mail or bring to the bank within 14 days. We still require an original signature.

Return to Top
#676058 - 01/30/07 11:07 PM Re: e-sign and stop payments osoalone
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The signature isn't always required. It can be, but you can also modify the terms of your agreement with the customer. And yes, you could use E-Sign for this, but I don't know that you'd have to or would want to go through the demonstrable consent hoops if you haven't already.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z