Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#683015 - 02/08/07 06:06 PM Accidental death and Dismemberment Ins. Policy
lefty Offline
100 Club
lefty
Our bank has a new checking account product that is fee based and the customer receives a $10,000 Accidental death and Dismemberment Ins. Policy,along with a number of other product and services packaged together.

When this is listed with the other benefits in advertising, I have recommended that we post a disclaimer that this insurance is not FDIC insured.

Am I on the right path since it is a nondeposit insuranceproduct?

I am having second thought if any additional disclosure is necessary. Since this product has no current value until an event occurs that would enforce the policy, are there any disclosures necessary when advertising this product. Its not like an annuity that the person is purchasing (nondeposit product)??
Last edited by lefty; 02/08/07 08:10 PM.
Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#683857 - 02/09/07 02:50 PM Re: Accidental death and Dismemberment Ins. Policy lefty
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Originally Posted By: lefty
Our bank has a new checking account product ... $10,000 Accidental death and Dismemberment Ins. Policy, ...I have recommended that we post a disclaimer that this insurance is not FDIC insured. Am I on the right path since it is a nondeposit insuranceproduct?

yes, it's my understanding that you do need to make the not FDIC, etc. disclosure.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett