Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#68728 - 03/20/03 09:44 PM Conduit IRA Question
Jill Offline
Jill
Mississippi
I think this is ok, but I wanted to make sure- Can you rollover more than once from the same QP to the same Conduit IRA? Customer A makes a rollover contribution to his conduit in 2001, and now has more money from that same employer he would like to rollover this year. Can he put the money in the same Conduit?
I know it is not ok to mix regular contributions or other transfers in a conduit, but I wasn't sure if more than one rollover was permited to the same account.
Can anyone verify this?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#68729 - 03/20/03 10:56 PM Re: Conduit IRA Question
MrHawaii Offline
100 Club
UGH conduit IRAs. OK, do you want the short answer or the long answer? I guess I'll just say that yes, additional funds from the same QP can most definitely go into the same conduit IRA.

Of course, new portability rules make conduit IRAs pretty much obsolete, but that's a story for after lunch.

Return to Top
#68730 - 03/21/03 02:22 PM Re: Conduit IRA Question
Jill Offline
Jill
Mississippi
I know they are horrible things , but some customers just feel better if they keep their funds in them. Ok- thanks for the feedback, that's what I thought but I just wanted to get someone else's opinion.

Return to Top
#68731 - 04/12/05 08:06 PM Re: Conduit IRA Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I am changing jobs and do not yet have a 401(k) plan for the new employer, what is the best way to transfer the money from the former employer?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett