Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#682611 - 02/08/07 03:03 PM DST Changes
chiefwildcat Offline
chiefwildcat
Employment Bliss
For whatever reason I completly missed the bill that "W" signed that changes the start and end dates for DST.

Just curious, how is this affecting you?

I am having to take care of not only our servers and PCs, but in the interest of money, the alarms, phones, ATMs, sec camera systems, and of course all the executives home computer issues....

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#682697 - 02/08/07 03:45 PM Re: DST Changes chiefwildcat
FraudHorn Offline
FraudHorn
Maine
It is getting a good amount of attention here as well. It sounds like you have the major items listed. Start with the vendors (Microsoft, Core vendor, any other third party application) and ensure you have all the patches and updates they have to offer. One thing to look out for is Java. For whatever reason we seem to have different versions of Java out on our PCs. Each version has its own patch so make sure you do an inventory of that if you use it.

Return to Top
#700886 - 03/14/07 12:43 PM Re: DST Changes FraudHorn
chiefwildcat Offline
chiefwildcat
Employment Bliss
Just wondering how it went for everyone.
We were completed by noon. We had updates in place, but our network service/monitoring company decided to put more updates in place and not tell us. If they had not done this, I firmly believe our Monday would have been fairly nice. I am told that several of their customers were having issues also.

Any "horror" stories out there?

Return to Top
#701288 - 03/14/07 06:18 PM Re: DST Changes chiefwildcat
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I put my patches in several days before the 11th. But all my all-day events in Outlook still shifted to 11 p.m. the day before to 11 p.m. the next day, if they fell between the 11th and the old DST effective date. I had to go in and edit them.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#701526 - 03/14/07 09:24 PM Re: DST Changes John Burnett
cologirl@heart Offline
Gold Star
cologirl@heart
WY - still a CO girl, though
I am with John. I updated everything, but Outlook played havoc with me. I did have to assist a few people here with some updates, but nothing too major.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z