Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#700520 - 03/13/07 05:15 PM Money Order Processor
boilerfan Offline
New Poster
I have been a longtime lurker and have found this site very useful. I have finally come across something that I cannot find any information on when I search, so maybe some of you can help me out.
We currently use IPS as our Money Order processor and they have just decided to discontinue this portion of their business. If any of you are happy with your processor and wouldn't mind sharing I would greatly appreciate it. We are just starting the research phase. Thank you in advance.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#700861 - 03/14/07 04:18 AM Re: Money Order Processor boilerfan
SD_Girl Offline
SD_Girl
Happiest place on Earth, CA
Boilerfan... where did you get the info tha IPS is no longer going to provide Money Order processing services? This concerns me, it is our current MO processing company.

Return to Top
#701966 - 03/15/07 06:56 PM Re: Money Order Processor SD_Girl
boilerfan Offline
New Poster
It was actually on a listserv that one of our VPs was reading. Someone else in Branch Ops got ahold of a rep at IPS and they confirmed that the decision was just made recently, but they will give us at least 90 days notice once they decide on a date. Unfortunately, as much as she pried...they wouldn't even speculate on a time frame. We were very surprised to hear this.

Return to Top
#702729 - 03/19/07 06:45 AM Re: Money Order Processor boilerfan
SD_Girl Offline
SD_Girl
Happiest place on Earth, CA
Not that I don't trust you, boilerfan, but I emailed IPS and got the confirmation too. They've been staying awfully quiet about this which disturbs me.

Return to Top
#703255 - 03/19/07 08:42 PM Re: Money Order Processor SD_Girl
x2delight Offline
New Poster
If i recall correctly IPS was bought out/ merged with First Data Solutions which is known as Western Union

Return to Top
#703265 - 03/19/07 08:56 PM Re: Money Order Processor SD_Girl
boilerfan Offline
New Poster
I don't blame you for double checking:) We couldn't believe that we had to hear it "from the grapevine" in the first place either.
We have heard some good things about MoneyGram, does anyone out there use them for Money Order Processing?

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett