Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#703525 - 03/20/07 02:47 PM Debit card question on behalf of a friend
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Below is a question posed to me for the purpose of posting here. Seth Branam is a retail investigator and a good friend of mine. My debit card experience is very limited, so I thought it best to let you experts help us out with this.

Thanks,
Jeremy

I would like to know if there is a regulation I could reference regarding credit card transactions. I need to know what is the proper information to obtain at the point of transaction in order to avoid a charge back situation. Due diligence is our goal , however I have no information or guidelines to help us in this area. If anyone can give me an area to research this or the regulation that I can find the answers need, it would be most helpful.

Thank you,

Seth Branam
Loss Prevention and Investigations Manager Mathis Brothers Furniture
234 Qaudrum Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
405-951-1293 / Cell 405-473-9536

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#703668 - 03/20/07 05:16 PM Re: Debit card question on behalf of a friend Pup
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"I need to know what is the proper information to obtain at the point of transaction in order to avoid a charge back situation. "

I would refer them to their merchant agreement. It should outline the merchant responsibilities at the time of card presentment.

Return to Top
#703908 - 03/20/07 10:52 PM Re: Debit card question on behalf of a friend rlcarey
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Thanks for your response, Mr. Carey.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z