Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#696722 - 03/05/07 08:46 PM FDIC Insurance link on website
MN Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
I was just curious how many of you provide a link on your website to information about deposit insurance. I have a website audit workprogram that states:

"All advertisements for deposit products require a notice that your deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). This message may be conveyed by using the phrase “Member FDIC” or by using the official symbol as specified under the FDIC regulations (§328.3(b)). Your viewers should be able to activate the link and with a click of their mouse read everything they want to know about insured deposits."

I understand that this is a good idea; however I was just wondering how many of you actually do it.

Also, if you do, do you link to the FDIC website or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#696942 - 03/05/07 11:40 PM Re: FDIC Insurance link on website MN Banker
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
We link directly to the FDIC home page.

Return to Top
#702614 - 03/16/07 09:46 PM Re: FDIC Insurance link on website califgirl
Lil'Belle Offline
100 Club
Lil'Belle
Texas, United States
We link to the Home Page when you click on the FDIC logo; however, we have a "Resources" tab on our website and in it we have all kinds of useful links for our customers. We added the FDIC link again and called it FDIC Insurance Estimater that links to the "Deposit Insurance" tab of the FDIC's website.
Last edited by Lil'Belle; 03/16/07 10:00 PM.

Return to Top
#702626 - 03/16/07 10:29 PM Re: FDIC Insurance link on website MN Banker
Richard Insley Online
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Originally Posted By: MN Banker
I understand that this is a good idea....

It's an excellent idea. Deposit insurance is the single most attractive difference between bank accounts and the myriad other investment alternatives that can steal your customers away.

Return to Top
#704173 - 03/21/07 03:37 PM Re: FDIC Insurance link on website Richard Insley
Maggie Offline
Eastern Massachusetts
One caution: the FDIC logo/official statement should not appear on pages that advertise non-insured products (e.g.investment services). Sometimes the logo is used as a standard part of the web page footers and that might be overlooked.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z