Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#704276 - 03/21/07 05:09 PM Reg CC coverage
only me Offline
Is the following a true statement as it relates to Reg CC: Business checking account holders need to be notified of the bank's new availability schedule within 30 days of the change. I can't seem to pinpoint it in the regulation but I think it is because account refers to both consumer and business holders. Thanks

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#704281 - 03/21/07 05:16 PM Re: Reg CC coverage only me
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
i cant find in the regulation that it segregates consumer from buiness customers. i onyl see that it applies to checking accounts (regardless of ownership)

Return to Top
#704290 - 03/21/07 05:21 PM Re: Reg CC coverage Dip
only me Offline
Here is what I found in the regulation. It just seems unfair not to notify a business account holder of the change. Am I reading this correctly that only consumers shall receive the notice to stay in compliance.

226.18 (e) Changes in policy. A bank shall send a notice to holders of consumer accounts at least 30 days before implementing a change to the bank's availability policy regarding such accounts. . .

Commentary 229.18(e) Changes in Policy
This paragraph requires banks to send notices to their customers when the banks change their availability policies with regard to consumer accounts.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett