Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#709069 - 03/30/07 12:42 PM Required email disclaimer?
jap Offline
Platinum Poster
jap
IN
Other than trying to hedge off any liabilities, is there any requirement to have any sort of disclaimer attached to outgoing emails from financial institutions? I know about the CAN-SPAM Act, and am not talking about email advertisements. My question deals more with run of the mill correspondences with customers, vendors, any other contacts.

I have seem some email disclaimers that say "federal law requires us to" disclose that this information is privileged, intended solely for the recipient, etc, etc. I have searched and could not find anything other than CAN-SPAM email advertising rules.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#711407 - 04/04/07 06:40 PM Re: Required email disclaimer? jap
SavannahOne Offline
Diamond Poster
Georgia
Technically, it should probably read "federal law requires us to... if we want to have a defense in court if sued while all the while reserving the right to sue you should you not hold this information to be confidential".

That said, if you want to forego your right to sue and expose your hind quarters, I am not aware of any regulation that says you can not do so.

Return to Top
#712309 - 04/05/07 09:38 PM Re: Required email disclaimer? jap
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:
is there any requirement to have any sort of disclaimer attached to outgoing emails

No there is not. It is just CYA. One of those things we learned along the way.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z