Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#715094 - 04/12/07 12:53 AM linking from 3rd party site
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
Our realtor organization would like to have a link from their website to our bank's website. they propose that if realtors click on our ad, then it would direct the realtor to our bank's website.

I have to add that the organization is doing this with our "permission" that is to say that we know the link is going to happen. As opposed to they linking to our bank without us knowing.

I think they need to have a "speed bump" saying that the realtor is leaving the realtor website and the realtor cannot go "back" to the realtor org webpage.

The realtor org said that they cannot put in customized java scrips, so they cannot accommodate our request. Is this necessary? Can we instead have on our "ad" the webaddress?
Last edited by wavewatcher; 04/12/07 01:03 AM.
Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#715221 - 04/12/07 01:24 PM Re: linking from 3rd party site wavewatcher
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Speed bumps are not a "requirement" but a good idea. They should be more interested in it than you. That said, if you'd be more comfortable and they agree, seek an alternative to java script.

Put your link in an area that says "these links take you to a web site not controlled by us..."

Color code the link or a border around the link or add an icon next to it and a footnote (not hidden in fine print) that says "these links take you to ..."
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z