Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#716122 - 04/13/07 03:58 PM On-line application timing
franko Offline
New Poster
When a consumer completes an on-line application to open a deposit account, is the application considered made when the consumer selects the "send" button, or is the application considered made when the bank opens the application?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#716128 - 04/13/07 04:02 PM Re: On-line application timing franko
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
For a deposit account, why is timing important?

Return to Top
#716147 - 04/13/07 04:14 PM Re: On-line application timing rlcarey
franko Offline
New Poster
Should account disclosures be given as part of the on-line application process, or can they be mailed to the consumer after the application is received.

Return to Top
#716192 - 04/13/07 04:46 PM Re: On-line application timing franko
MikeJ Offline
MikeJ
MA
Someone can feel free to correct me but they should be a part of the online application process.

As far as the timing of the application being "made", I would make sure and define that myself as part of the application process. State something to the effect that "we consider your application received when it is opened by us....blah blah.

Return to Top
#716580 - 04/15/07 12:59 PM Re: On-line application timing MikeJ
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
230.4(a)(1)(ii) Electronic communication. If a consumer who is not present at the institution uses electronic communication (as defined in ยง 230.10) to open an account or request a service, the disclosures required under paragraph (a)(1) of this section must be provided before an account is opened or a service is provided.

So it really depends on what happens with the "application" and when. When does the acount get opened?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z