Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#716195 - 04/13/07 04:50 PM WBA Commercial Lending School
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Anyone else going to attend the first week in June? DePere WI for 6 days at St. Norbert's College. The only thing I know is the hotel is nice and the Abby is a nice place for dinner right next door. I stayed there for 1 night before for another class I had.

Return to Top
#716214 - 04/13/07 05:06 PM Re: WBA Commercial Lending School Beagles22
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Do you have a good link to share with me on that....seems interesting.

Return to Top
#716217 - 04/13/07 05:09 PM Re: WBA Commercial Lending School #Just Jay
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
WBA Commercial Lending School

Here is the link. I haven't done a link like this before, I sure hope it works!! I have heard this is a good school, I did complete their deposit compliance and loan compliance schools in the past few years so I hope this is as benificial!!

Return to Top
#716674 - 04/16/07 01:49 PM Re: WBA Commercial Lending School Beagles22
Reed Offline
Diamond Poster
Reed
West Coast
BQ, did you take the intro to commercial lending school or did you opt to go right into this? I remember you said before that you were thinking of going to the intro school.

Return to Top
#716787 - 04/16/07 03:55 PM Re: WBA Commercial Lending School Reed
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I went to part of the intro school but not the whole thing due to scheduling issues, and I am scheduled for the WBA Analyzing Financial Statements & Tax returns 2 day seminar in May. I have been doing commercial lending with my president for over 2 years so he thinks I will be fine. I hope so! I would just die if I failed the test at the end!!

Return to Top
#751214 - 06/12/07 02:23 PM Re: WBA Commercial Lending School Beagles22
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Just FYI, the school was great, the people were awesome and we all learned a ton and had a blast. I managed to pass my test with an 87% so I am thrilled!!

Return to Top
#752014 - 06/13/07 01:02 PM Re: WBA Commercial Lending School Beagles22
Reed Offline
Diamond Poster
Reed
West Coast
Congrats, BQ!

Was it pretty advanced? I need to go to one of these schools, but am nervous about where I fit in. Don't want to spend a week bored or lost.

Return to Top
#755904 - 06/19/07 04:48 PM Re: WBA Commercial Lending School Reed
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Most of the people there were about 1-10 years in lending, a basic knowledge of ratios and commercial lending would be helpful, but a lot if it you learn there. I thought the same thing, that I would be way over my head but I wasn't. It was a really good school even if you have been in lending for a while. Not much on documentation, more on how to underwrite the borrower for cash flow and how to track the business to know if they get into trouble. It's the application to servicing how to list. Great cash flow information! I would advise it.

Return to Top
#760088 - 06/25/07 06:41 PM Re: WBA Commercial Lending School Beagles22
Reed Offline
Diamond Poster
Reed
West Coast
Thanks, good to know.

Return to Top