Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#716230 - 04/13/07 05:17 PM What do you do? CD penalties
scottb Offline
I am looking at increasing our CD early withdraw penalties. I would like to know how much other banks charge for this.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#716239 - 04/13/07 05:26 PM Re: What do you do? CD penalties scottb
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
28-day certificate. Penalties for withdrawal of any principal prior to maturity - all earnings paid, credited and accrued.

91-day certificate. No withdrawals will be permitted on this account for the first 45 days. In the event of any withdrawals following the first 45 days but prior to maturity, the Account holder shall forfeit an amount equal to all earnings paid, credited and accrued on the amount of the withdrawal

6 month certificate, three months of interest, whether earned or not, on the amount withdrawn at the simple interest rate being paid on the account, regardless of the length of time the funds withdrawn have remained in the account.

1 & 3 year certificate. In the event of any withdrawal of principal from this account prior to a maturity date, the Account holder shall forfeit an amount equal to six months of interest whether earned or not, on the amount withdrawn.

4 – 10 year certificate. In the event of any withdrawal of principal from this account prior to a maturity date, the Account holder shall forfeit an amount equal to 12 months of interest whether earned or not, on the amount withdrawn.

Return to Top
#716255 - 04/13/07 05:37 PM Re: What do you do? CD penalties #Just Jay
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
This is really a regional pricing issue and jumping in your car and visiting your direct competitors is probably a better option then a blind survey. You will need that information anyway for your justification within your proposal.

Return to Top
#716343 - 04/13/07 06:39 PM Re: What do you do? CD penalties rlcarey
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
I definitely agree. Our markets vary tremendousely on pricing issues and CD penalties is one of the areas where we see significant differences. I would poll local competition.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett