Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#724492 - 04/30/07 11:28 PM File Maintenance Question for a Techie
8675309 Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the wind comes sweeping ...
I want to file maintenance something on around 400 checking accounts on our core application. I have a list of the account numbers which were hand-selected by the officers. The accounts are not all one type so we can't file maintenance based on account type.

The file maintenance item is simple. All of the 400 accounts need to be changed from a "N" to a "Y" in the OD Privilege field.

Shouldn't it be possible to write a program that will change the "N" to a "Y" for the specific list of account numbers I have?

My IT person is saying it's not possible, but I don't think I am asking the question the right way or explaining correctly. It seems to me that this would be fairly common, but maybe not.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#724607 - 05/01/07 01:55 PM Re: File Maintenance Question for a Techie 8675309
Doxie Pride Offline
You would need some code, type, class etc. that is common with all of the accounts. If you just have a list of account numbers, you would have to list out each number individually in a program. It would be easier to just manually change them. This is how our system works anyway.

Return to Top
#724745 - 05/01/07 03:40 PM Re: File Maintenance Question for a Techie Doxie Pride
MikeJ Offline
MikeJ
MA
I agree with DP. If the IT person is "unsure", it would probably be faster to assign accounts to 5 people and do the changes manually....as opposed to writing a script, testing it, and verifying that it went ok.

Return to Top
#724892 - 05/01/07 05:12 PM Re: File Maintenance Question for a Techie Doxie Pride
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:
You would need some code, type, class etc. that is common with all of the accounts.

And affected only those accounts you want, not necessarily that class of accounts unless this attribute is unique to only the 400 you want.

I agree with the above. You could likely do it with an automated process. But unless you see a use for that same process in the future, it is easier to and faster to do the maintenance one at a time and be done.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#724908 - 05/01/07 05:26 PM Re: File Maintenance Question for a Techie Andy_Z
KrisH Offline
Gold Star
KrisH
Massachusetts
Depending on who your core system vendor is, it may not be possible, and certainly not by your IT staff in-house (I'm not sure if that's what you were aiming for). When we want to make mass changes on classes of accounts, we can contact our core vendor (ITI) who can then write a program to make the changes, which we then run. However, they charge a hefty fee to do so.

I agree with the others - for only 400 accounts, it would likely be faster and cheaper to do it manually (which is what we would normally do for that many accounts).

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z