Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#748257 - 06/06/07 08:09 PM "Customer Access Agreement"
Jerseygirl Offline
Platinum Poster
Jersey Shore
Curious to know if anyone is using an "access form" instead of a signature card. We are considering – one access agreement per customer, good for any current or future deposit accounts opened. Authorizes the bank to open future accounts, binds the user to the bank’s terms and agreements, includes the W9 certification and customer acknowledges receiving current and future copies of rules and regs.
Has anyone had any examiner comments on such a form? Do you keep the paper copy in a manner similar to a signature card or just scan it? Any other comments? Thanks

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#748363 - 06/06/07 09:19 PM Re: "Customer Access Agreement" Jerseygirl
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The difference is in name only, but credit unions often use a "master" signature card. It governs every account (transaction, savings and time) owned in the same right and capacity; i.e. the same owners, beneficiaires etc. It's a great time saver...

Examiners do not normally review contracts unless they incorporate federal requirements. I suggest that you treat it as a document granting signature authority and retain it for five years under BSA. While BSA does not require you to keep originals, your state law might.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett