Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#740828 - 05/25/07 06:43 PM Electronic storage of loan documents
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
Mgmt now wants to store loan files electronically starting with the front line loan officers. They want to send files to the secondary mkt via electronic means. Does anyone else do this and do you have any advice for me?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#740978 - 05/25/07 07:49 PM Re: Electronic storage of loan documents ahou
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I haven't done it, but security of the transmission, encryption and storage security would take a front row of concern.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#750170 - 06/08/07 09:27 PM Re: Electronic storage of loan documents Andy_Z
chiefwildcat Offline
chiefwildcat
Employment Bliss
I have not done this either, but if I were in your shoes I would think security first.

We are planning to digitze all of our loan folders, primarly for internal use, but I can see it coming down the pike on sharing to 2nd mrkt. When that time comes I will be looking for a product that would force the customer (2nd mrkt company in this case) to logon to retrieve the file. I used to know what this was commonly referred to. Basically you decide what files they get and when they successfully log in to the area, thats the only files there. So they are pulling the file.
My biggest concern is someone emailing the file once its digitize.

Return to Top
#750235 - 06/08/07 10:58 PM Re: Electronic storage of loan documents ahou
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Make sure they will accept the files in this format. If so, do they require the docs to be in a specific order (may affect how you set up your doc type parameters)? If yes, make sure your system will meet these requirements.

Chiefwildcat: I worked at a bank that used ITI's doc imaging system. We assigned logons to our participating banks so that they could access their loans and review/print docs as needed. I'm not a computer geek so I don't know if this was something associated with their product or if it was something our internal staff designed - it just worked great and may be a solution that could help you.
Last edited by Cowboys Fan; 06/08/07 11:01 PM.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z