Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#755724 - 06/19/07 02:13 PM Savings Disclosure
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
No one has said anything about this, so I am guessing I am being too picky, but on a savings account how do you disclose the limitations? If you use a Bankers Systems form, there is a heading "Transaction Limits" and then several boxes. Do you check just the last box - "only 6 preauthorized transfers allowed"? That doesn't seem descriptive enough to me, but like I said, it passed the FDIC's review, so maybe I am being too picky.

Thoughts?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#755750 - 06/19/07 02:39 PM Re: Savings Disclosure Tesla
MN Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Ah, yes, the Banker's Systems form. I swear I spent FOREVER trying to figure out how to make this work. I used the 3rd box and this is what it says:

"You may only make 6 preauthorized transfers from your account each month - Transfers by checks to third parties and by drafts, debit card, or similar order are limited to 3 per month."

I left the minimum withdrawal line blank as we don't have a minimum withdrawal limit.

Return to Top
#755760 - 06/19/07 02:45 PM Re: Savings Disclosure MN Banker
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
Oh - if you were closer I could kiss you! You have saved me hours of work!

I have been reading that box and thinking "How in the h#$% am I going to make that work!"

Thank you so much for your input!

Return to Top
#755766 - 06/19/07 02:53 PM Re: Savings Disclosure Tesla
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
I was just reviewing our form as well and verbage MN has listed is what we have for our money market account. We do not list "checks" for our savings accounts, nor would that activity be limited to three per month.

Return to Top
#755777 - 06/19/07 02:56 PM Re: Savings Disclosure Bullseye
MN Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: Bullseye
nor would that activity be limited to three per month.

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but checks are limited to 3 per month under the regulation

Return to Top
#755815 - 06/19/07 03:22 PM Re: Savings Disclosure MN Banker
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
Sorry, yes, checks are limited to three per month but we don't offer that on a savings.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett