Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#782701 - 07/25/07 06:25 PM Reg. CC-Change in Federal Reserve Bank
Nisey Offline
New Poster
Our Federal Reserve Bank check processing center was recently closed and our checks are now processed in another Federal Reserve Bank center. This has caused some checks that were once nonlocal to become local checks for Reg. CC purposes. I think we need to inform our customers that check availability has improved per section 229.18(e) of Reg. CC. I am wandering what is the best way to inform customers about this change. We don't disclose routing numbers on our Reg. CC disclosure. We were thinking about adding language on the monthly statements, but are not sure exactly what we need to say. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#782768 - 07/25/07 07:23 PM Re: Reg. CC-Change in Federal Reserve Bank Nisey
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:
Our Federal Reserve Bank check processing center was recently closed and our checks are now processed in another Federal Reserve Bank center. This has caused some checks that were once nonlocal to become local checks for Reg. CC purposes

That sounds fairly good as as statement stuffer to me...

Return to Top
#783163 - 07/26/07 12:23 AM Re: Reg. CC-Change in Federal Reserve Bank HappyGilmore
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
However, you are under no obligation to disclose this fact unless you impose mandatory holds. If you impose case-by-case holds, you probably only hold <.1% of total deposits - so why bother. You disclose the availability at the time of deposit.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett