Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#832503 - 10/11/07 04:49 PM Georgia Good Funds Law
Wintor Offline
New Poster
Can someone help clarify the Good Funds law? How does it apply for O/O refi's? Are the lenders required to send the funds out to sit for 3 days through the rescission period?

Thanks!

Return to Top
#832596 - 10/11/07 05:59 PM Re: Georgia Good Funds Law Wintor
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Can you provide a cite?

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#832768 - 10/11/07 07:31 PM Re: Georgia Good Funds Law waldensouth
SavannahOne Offline
Diamond Poster
Georgia
Are you talking about lawyers and escrow accounts?

Return to Top
#833022 - 10/11/07 09:46 PM Re: Georgia Good Funds Law SavannahOne
Wintor Offline
New Poster
It's the Georgia Code # 44-14-13. I'm more interested in the Lender's responsibility to deliver the funds at signing. I know that the attorney cannot finalize the transaction unless "good funds" are there, but I need clarification that the funds need to be there when the clients close (sign docs), so in an O/O refi, the funds will sit there for 3 days while the borrowers observe their rescission period?

Return to Top
#833334 - 10/12/07 12:50 PM Re: Georgia Good Funds Law Wintor
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
" This Code section applies only to transactions involving purchase money loans made by a lender, or loans made to refinance, directly or indirectly, a purchase money loan made by another lender, which loans will be secured by deeds to secure debt or mortgages on real estate containing not more than four residential dwelling units, whether or not such deeds to secure debt or mortgages have a first-priority status."

I don't know what an O/O refi is - never heard that term. However this section only applies to purchase money so rescission wouldn't be involved.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#833526 - 10/12/07 02:49 PM Re: Georgia Good Funds Law waldensouth
Rabbit Offline
Southeast
O/O = Owner Occupied

Return to Top
#833703 - 10/12/07 04:10 PM Re: Georgia Good Funds Law Rabbit
SavannahOne Offline
Diamond Poster
Georgia
Umm.. "or loans made to refinance"?

Return to Top
#838067 - 10/18/07 10:50 PM Re: Georgia Good Funds Law SavannahOne
Wintor Offline
New Poster
In addition to Purchase Money loans, it also applies to: "loans made to refinance, directly or indirectly, a purchase money loan made by another lender", which pretty much covers all loans since most loans are refi's of purchase money loans.

Return to Top
#838281 - 10/19/07 02:01 PM Re: Georgia Good Funds Law Wintor
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
That part would require rescission..yes. However, many refi's occur that have nothing to do with refi of original purchase $ from another lender.

Back to the regulation...whether you hold it during the rescission period or whether the attorney holds it is a matter of internal procedure. The funds are not technically "good" until after the 3 days anyway. When dealing with a closing attorney, it's often easier to deliver all documents and funds with instructions for the attorney to hold the funds until the required period has passed...otherwise, it is equally acceptable to hold the funds in the bank and deliver when the funds are available to rightfully disburse.
Last edited by RR joker; 10/19/07 02:02 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top