Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#93740 - 07/02/03 03:44 PM ACh posting date & weekends
Anonymous
Unregistered

If the scheduled date of an ACH debit falls on the weekend, can we debit the customer's account on Friday? Apparently we are doing this and I don't feel it's right. How about loan payments? I always believed that a loan payment due on the weekend became due on Monday or the next business day.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#93741 - 07/02/03 08:25 PM Re: ACh posting date & weekends
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
We have a number of mortgagors who make their payments via EFT. Whenever the scheduled debit date is a non-business day, the debits have posted the first business day thereafter. As far as I know, this is not something that we control (I set up the debits on our servicing system); it is systemic. I could be wrong on that, though.

Return to Top
#93742 - 07/02/03 08:54 PM Re: ACh posting date & weekends
Anonymous
Unregistered

Refer to OG 53 in the 2003 NACHA Rules. NACHA rules require a debit entry to be made on the settlement date or later, not before.

Return to Top
#93743 - 07/02/03 10:08 PM Re: ACh posting date & weekends
NotALawyer Offline
Gold Star
NotALawyer
Ditto what Anon said.

OR 14 includes Subsection 4.4.2 "An RDFI must not debit the amount of any entry to a Receiver's account prior to the Settlement Date of the entry, even if the effective entry date of the entry is different from the Settlement Date of the entry."

Return to Top
#93744 - 07/03/03 01:57 PM Re: ACh posting date & weekends
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
Ditto Robert & Anon. This is one area of the mandatory annual NACHA Rules audit for RDFIs.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett