Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#96879 - 07/14/03 06:54 PM Record Retention
Miss Dixie Offline
Miss Dixie
One of our Texas branches has asked how long they should retain the form used to reactivate a dormant account. I couldn't find anything in the retention guide that I thought remotely resembled that category of document. Did I miss the listing? Alternately, if it's simply not there, what should be my "default" policy for documents that aren't mentioned in the state statutes? Thanks for your help!

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#96880 - 07/14/03 10:45 PM Re: Record Retention
Tisa Offline
Platinum Poster
Tisa
Do you know the way to ...
Well, I can only tell you what California requires. Probably won't help much with your Texas accounts, though....

In the California Unclaimed Property regs, all documentation for escheat (meaning also records for why we didn't escheat an account - like the dormant account re-activation form) must be retained for 7 years after the report's due-date.

Return to Top
#96881 - 07/15/03 02:48 PM Re: Record Retention
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks--it makes sense to deal with that form like anything else related to escheat. I appreciate your help!

Return to Top
#96882 - 07/15/03 02:50 PM Re: Record Retention
Miss Dixie Offline
Miss Dixie
Oops--not logged in. Thank you!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett