Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#981411 - 06/24/08 09:52 PM Regulatory Compliance and Job Descriptions
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
I'm looking for some input here. How many of you specifically mention regulatory compliance knowledge in you employee job descriptions? Do you think its a good idea to mention it specifically so employees are aware and have to sign an acknowledgement (we have them sign that they read and understand what their job is) that job related regulatory compliance is part of their responsibilities?

My opinion only.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#981456 - 06/24/08 10:49 PM Re: Regulatory Compliance and Job Descriptions Tigg
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
many of our descriptions include regulatory compliance, we get attestations that tests have been conducted

Return to Top
#981528 - 06/25/08 02:31 AM Re: Regulatory Compliance and Job Descriptions Pale Rider
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
From the BSA/AML Exam Manual:

Departmental internal controls typically address risks and compliance requirements unique to a particular line of business or department and are part of a comprehensive BSA/AML compliance program.

Internal controls should:

Incorporate BSA compliance into the job descriptions and performance evaluations of appropriate personnel.

Return to Top
#982470 - 06/25/08 10:38 PM Re: Regulatory Compliance and Job Descriptions rlcarey
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
Thanks Pale & Randy - We most definitely have the BSA covered in our job descriptions and evaluations. I guess I was looking to see if anyone like PR was making reference to non-BSA regulatory compliance in their job descriptions. Not specific regs but letting them know that the basics of the regs that apply to their jobs are their responsibility. I don't know if I'm clarifying myself very well, am I? Let's say a line in the description that says "Responsible for the knowledge of regulatory compliance as it applies to ____________ position." Something to that effect.

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#982498 - 06/25/08 11:39 PM Re: Regulatory Compliance and Job Descriptions Tigg
Marnie Offline
Gold Star
Nevada
Our verbiage is similar:
"Responsible for compliance to federal and state regulation as pertaining to this position."

Plus, Compliance is in our performance evaluation, contributing to the overall evaluation score. This helps ensure the employee is accountable for compliance with their position.

Return to Top
#985057 - 06/30/08 05:50 PM Re: Regulatory Compliance and Job Descriptions Marnie
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Ditto Marnie.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry