Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#995809 - 07/15/08 07:08 PM Application date vs. Decision date
ComplyOhMy Offline
Platinum Poster
Lexington, Kentucky
My application date is 4/30/08 however the decision date is 5/24/08. Would the application be considered complete on the date the decision was made???

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#995842 - 07/15/08 07:25 PM Re: Application date vs. Decision date ComplyOhMy
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
The application is complete when you HAVE enough info to make a decision, not when the decision is made.

Why would it take nearly a month to make a decision?

Return to Top
#995847 - 07/15/08 07:26 PM Re: Application date vs. Decision date David Dickinson
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
I doubt it. It probably took place some time before, when you had obtained all of the information you normally receive in order to make a credit decision.

Return to Top
#995852 - 07/15/08 07:28 PM Re: Application date vs. Decision date ComplyOhMy
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
No. Your application is considered complete when you have all the information you need to make the decision. For example, if you received an application that did not include the paystubs, which is required by your bank, and you need those documents to make a decision, you don't have a complete application. You can send an incomplete notice or document a call to the customer requesting the additional information.

If you had everything you needed to make a decision when the person handed you the application- your 30 day clock started ticking at that point.

Hope that helps!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z