Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1401912 - 06/10/10 04:40 PM Web Based Compliance Training-Recommendations?
TEL Offline
100 Club
It's time to review the contract for Web Based Compliance Training. Currently on BAI - Looking also at BVS, BankersEdge - - -and ABA Frontline. Anyone with experience there? ABA Frontline is free with membership (so I understand). Any comments on any of the above vendors or others not mentioned?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1401919 - 06/10/10 04:46 PM Re: Web Based Compliance Training-Recommendations? TEL
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
We went with BVS at the end of last year. They offer a good range of compliance training, as well as some job-specific training (such as for tellers, loan processors, etc.) that is not just compliance.

The thing we were looking for was the capability to make assignments, track them and require a test after each course so as to measure the training effectiveness, These capabilities allowed us to address audit/examination issues.

They keep on top of the regulations and release new course versions when necessary. You also have the option of modifying their courses to fit any institution-specific information you want to convey.

Return to Top
#1401924 - 06/10/10 04:50 PM Re: Web Based Compliance Training-Recommendations? Doug Hendrickson
TEL Offline
100 Club
I did speak with them - I liked the access to compliance counsel (Jeff Torp). Also, I was told - they will do it all form me - customized, etc. Have you found that true and what is their turn around.

Return to Top
#1401953 - 06/10/10 05:14 PM Re: Web Based Compliance Training-Recommendations? TEL
manylayers Offline
Gold Star
manylayers
PA
We use BankersEdge...they've been pretty good about customizing to our specific needs...and we're able to assign courses based upon job title...

Return to Top
#1401999 - 06/10/10 05:45 PM Re: Web Based Compliance Training-Recommendations? manylayers
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
We use Bankers Edge as well, though, I have found that the bulk of our staff doesn't read the material, they just take the test over and over until they pass. They just click through it when I fix it so they have to click through every screen. (found this out the hard way). Course content is good, but ensuring your staff is being trained proves harded with web-based training. So now I also do face to face training on hot topics.

Return to Top
#1402026 - 06/10/10 06:11 PM Re: Web Based Compliance Training-Recommendations? Dani York, CRCM
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Dani York
We use Bankers Edge as well, though, I have found that the bulk of our staff doesn't read the material, they just take the test over and over until they pass. They just click through it when I fix it so they have to click through every screen. (found this out the hard way). Course content is good, but ensuring your staff is being trained proves harded with web-based training. So now I also do face to face training on hot topics.

I had this issue too, so I appreciated that with BAI, which we switched to this year, I could place limits on the number of tests that could be taken. After three failed attempts, they are locked out of the course, whcih means that I have to reset them, and have a discussion with them and their manager abotu what they can do differently this time, like, I dunno, READ the material. smirk

Return to Top
#1402287 - 06/11/10 12:07 AM Re: Web Based Compliance Training-Recommendations? #Just Jay
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
We used Digital University and I was very happy with it.

Return to Top
#1402290 - 06/11/10 12:42 AM Re: Web Based Compliance Training-Recommendations? Tesla
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Had a problem with staff taking courses/tests for other staff. Legal and I had a chat with management. We required that everyone show up for an in person training session. They knew why.

I would have fired them all but it wasn't my choice, and would have wiped out one whole area.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1405084 - 06/17/10 05:55 PM Re: Web Based Compliance Training-Recommendations? Kathleen O. Blanchard
wood2 Offline
New Poster
We use BVS and like it. They are great to work with and Jeff Thorpe their in-house attorney is quick to research and respond to compliance questions.

Return to Top
#1405343 - 06/17/10 10:58 PM Re: Web Based Compliance Training-Recommendations? TEL
G-Street Band Offline
Oregon
At the end of last year, we reviewed several programs. Digital University won over the others. We saw enough variety among them all that the differences between programs grew more noticeable.

Return to Top