After A Robbery DO'S|
First published on BankersOnline.com 7/15/02.
- Stay Calm.
- Activate the alarm.
- Dial 911 (always dial 911 first - if not available call the police and FBI.
- Isolate the victim(s).
- Check for injuries.
- Lock cash drawers and other valuables.
- Notify bank security officer.
- Write down your observations on robbery description form.
- Write down names of customers serviced before, during and after the crime.
- Go to the door used by the robber(s) (or adjacent window) and observe the direction of escape, vehicle, license tag, etc.
- Stay at or return to your station (unless otherwise advised).
- If assigned, lock specified door.
- If assigned a door:
(a) Stay at the door unless advised otherwise.
(b) Advise police that it is safe to enter.
(c) Allow only law enforcement officers to enter.
(d) Stop persons in the lobby from leaving, if possible.
(e) Identify customers that insist upon leaving, including
where they may be located.
- Block off areas touched by the robber.
- Cooperate with the police.