FCRA and Red Flag Training Program plus Policy and Procedures
Ann Manchester, VP/Compliance Officer of FNBT Chickasha, oversees monthly lending and compliance training for her bank's nine locations and loan staff of thirty. Ann develops PowerPoints for training and has shared two of them here. She tries to alternate between PowerPoint presentations and BOL DVDs each month. Their trainer will also incorporate the Red Flags section into the new employee training. A shorter version is used for tellers since Red Flags would not involve credit reports. When Ann did the Red Flags training, she provided a copy of the bank's CIP procedures, a copy of our new change of address/returned mail procedures, copies of the FCRA forms that generate both from the credit bureau and from their own forms software.
The PowerPoint presentations are in PDF for your viewing. The Speakers' Notes version is shown, so that you can see the notes Ann wants to emphasize when making a presentation. You also have the original PowerPoint files so that you can customize any part of them. Sections you may want to edit include references to vendors that FNBT Chickasha uses that you may not, such as GulfPak (loan forms system), Nicola (data system), Sisk (identity theft prevention), Conetrix (risk assessment and creation of the Identity Theft Program), the ID Checking Guide is a booklet offered through the BOL Store and Kroll Factual Data (credit reports).
Corky Corley, VP Compliance at Hinsdale Bank & Trust Co., had offered her detailed FCRA Policy and Procedures document to other users in the BOL forums. Ann saw it as an integral document for use with this training presentation on FCRA and Red Flags, and Corky agreed to share it as well. This document emphasizes the point that the FCRA is larger than just the Red Flags and FACTA amendments.
- FACT Act Training - PowerPoint version (You must RIGHT click on the link, save the target to your hard drive, then pull up the saved file in PowerPoint.)
- FACT Act Training - PDF version of the slides in "Notes Pages" format.
- Red Flag Training - PowerPoint version (You must RIGHT click on the link, save the target to your hard drive, then pull up the saved file in PowerPoint.)
- Red Flag Training - PDF version of the slides in "Notes Pages" format
- FCRA Policy & Procedures - Word version (You must RIGHT click on the link, save the target to your hard drive, then pull up the saved file in Word.)
- FCRA Policy & Procedures - PDF version of the Word file
Access other Banker Tools on BankersOnline.com: