Counterfeit Cashier's Checks of The First National Bank of Weatherford, Weatherford, Texas
The First National Bank of Weatherford
First National Bank of Weatherford
P.O. Box 730, 220 Palo Pinto St. Weatherford, TX 76086
United States of America
Voice (817) 598-4918
Fax (817) 598-4901
The above-named bank has reported that counterfeit cashier’s checks using a correct routing number of 111901988 are being presented for payment nationwide in connection with a mystery shopping scam.
The counterfeit checks do not resemble the bank’s authentic checks. The counterfeit items may be identified by the following traits:
- The checks are blue with black print.
- The following security statement appears in the top border in blue ink: “WARNING: THIS DOCUMENT HAS SECURITY FEATURES IN THE PAPER.”
- The following address appears next to the bank’s name in the top-center portion of the check: “P.O. Box 730, Weatherford, TX 76086.”
- The remitter section is in the top-left corner of the check.
- The check number is printed twice in the top-right corner of the check.
- The following statement is printed beneath the payable amount: “NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS: THE PURCHASE OF AN INDEMNITY BOND WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE ANY OFFICIAL CHECK OF THIS BANK WILL BE REPLACED OR REFUNDED IN THE EVENT IT IS LOST, MISPLACED OR STOLEN. VOID AFTER 90 DAYS.”
- The words “Cashier’s Check” appear to the right of the notice. The memo line appears below the notice.
Counterfeit checks presented to date have been made payable in varying amounts, have been dated April 17, 2014, and have contained these remitter names: Nicole Pugh, David Scott, or Dennis Schmid.