Counterfeit Cashier's Checks of Cumberland Federal Bank FSB, Cumberland, Wis.
Cumberland Federal Bank FSB
Cumberland Federal Bank
1390 Second Avenue Cumberland, WI 54829
United States of America
Voice (715) 822-2249
Fax (715) 822-2279
The above-named bank has reported that counterfeit cashier’s checks using a correct routing number of 291871226 are being presented for payment nationwide in connection with various online purchase overpayment scams.
The counterfeit checks do not resemble the bank’s authentic checks. The counterfeit items may be identified by the following traits:
- The checks are blue with a dark blue top border.
- The following security statement appears in the top border: “TO VERIFY AUTHENTICITY, SEE REVERSE SIDE FOR DESCRIPTION OF THE SECURITY FEATURES.”
- The checks are located in the top portion of a perforated sheet measuring 8½ by 11 inches.
Counterfeit checks presented to date have been made payable in varying amounts from $1,980 to $3,970. The checks contain a remitter name of Ronald Cole or Shanell Peterson and are dated July 4, 2014.
E-mail correspondence related to this scam has been generated from e-mail accounts under the following names:
- Elena Shoemaker, using the e-mail address [email@example.com]. This individual has sent potential victims the following telephone number for text messages: (951) 389-0119
- Miriam Santiago, using the e-mail address [Miriamsanti101@hotmail.com]. This individual has sent potential victims the following telephone number for text messages: (602) 730-0447. An individual using the name David is also using this telephone number to communicate with potential victims.
- Barbara Nichols, using the e-mail address [BarbaraANichols101@hotmail.com].