LCNB National Bank, Lebanon, Ohio -- Counterfeit Cashier's Checks
LCNB National Bank
The above-named bank has reported that two variations of counterfeit cashier’s checks using a correct routing number of 042205708 are being presented for payment nationwide in connection with various online scams, including overpayment for services, fictitious employment opportunities, and fictitious government grant programs.
The counterfeit checks resemble the bank’s authentic checks; the counterfeit checks, however, may be identified by the following traits:
- The checks contain the following security statement along the top border: “WARNING: THIS DOCUMENT HAS SECURITY FEATURES IN THE PAPER.”
- The notice contained beneath the words “CASHIER’S CHECK” does not contain any periods for punctuation.
- A padlock icon and the words “Security features.” appears along the right border of the check.
- The remitter name appearing on this variation may include Tom McCarthy.
- The checks contain the following security statement: “THIS DOCUMENT HAS A COLORED BACKGROUND AND MICROPRINTING. THE REVERSE SIDE INCLUDES AN ARTIFICIAL WATERMARK.”
- The notice contained beneath the words “CASHIER’S CHECK” contains a comma after the word “misplaced” in the third line.
- The remitter name appearing on this variation may include Larae Terry.
Counterfeit checks presented to date have included a serial number beginning with the series number of 13 and have been made payable in amounts ranging from $2,380.99 to $2,960.
The name of Douglas Cosgrove and e-mail address of [firstname.lastname@example.org] may be used in these scams.