Bank of California counterfeit cashier's checks
Banc of California, N.A.
The above-named bank has reported that two versions of counterfeit cashier’s checks using a correct routing number of 322274527 are being presented for payment nationwide in connection with online employment scams.
The counterfeit checks resemble the bank’s authentic checks; the counterfeit checks, however, may be identified by the following traits:
- Version #1
- The checks contain a light blue marbled background.
- The following security statement is located within a dark top border: “TO VERIFY AUTHENTICIY, SEE REVERSE SIDE FOR DESCRIPTION OF THE 13 SECURITY FEATURES.”
- The bank’s address located beneath the bank’s logo in the top-left corner is void of punctuation between the suite number and city.
- A heat-sensitive security feature is located in the bottom-center portion of the checks.
- Version #2
- The checks contain a light blue background.
- The following security statement is located within a darker blue top border: “WARNING: THIS DOCUMENT HAS SECURITY FEATURES IN THE PAPER.”
- A security padlock icon and statement appear in the right border of the checks.
Counterfeit checks presented to date have been made payable in amounts between $1,480 and $8,800, and contain remitter names of Donald Adams, Paul Burrigt, Jessica Fonseca, James Foster, Chris Harding, Jerry Lambert, Jeanette Maldonado, Henry Malls, and Mark Williams.