Counterfeit Cashier's Checks of Carrollton Federal Bank, Carrollton, Ky
Carrollton Federal Bank
The above-named bank has reported that three variations of counterfeit cashier’s checks using a correct routing number of 061103056 are being presented for payment nationwide in connection with various online scams.The counterfeit checks may or may not resemble the bank’s authentic checks; the counterfeit checks, however, may be identified by the following traits:
- Variation #1
- The checks contain a light-blue marbled background.
- The following security statement is located within a dark-blue top border: “FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, THE FACE OF THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS A COLORED BACKGROUND AND MICROPRINTING IN THE BORDER.”
- The abbreviated routing number appearing beneath the check number is typed as 64-305/611 on one line.
- The following security statement appears along the bottom of the check between two security padlock icons: “SECURITY FEATURES INCLUDED. DETAILS ON BACK.”
- Variation #2
- The checks are of unknown color.
- The following security statement is located within a dark top border: “FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, THE FACE OF THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS A COLORED BACKGROUND AND MICROPRINTING IN THE BORDER.”
- The “For” line contains the following note: “EAGLE SHIPPING LLC.”
- Variation #3
- The checks are of unknown color and contain an ornate border.
- The bank’s logo is not included on the face of the check.
- The checks are handwritten.
- The “For” line may contain the following note: “For Services Rendered”
Counterfeit checks presented to date have been made payable in varying amounts, contain the authorized signatures of Barbara Boswell and Joey Ginn, and have been delivered to potential victims by some form of express delivery.