Century National Bank counterfeit official checks
Century National Bank, a division of Park National Bank
The above-named bank has reported that at least two variations of counterfeit official checks using a correct routing number of 044101305 are being presented for payment nationwide in connection with a secret shopper scam.
The counterfeit checks do not resemble the bank’s authentic checks. Counterfeit items may be identified by the following traits:
- Variation No. 1
- The checks are light blue in color and contain a darker blue border.
- A padlock security icon and security statement appear along the right border.
- The words “Official Check” are printed in black ink in the top center portion of the check
- The following security statement appears in the top border: “WARNING: THIS DOCUMENT HAS SECURITY FEATURES IN THE PAPER.”
- Variation No. 2
- The checks are blue in color with a marbled background and a dark blue top border.
- The following security statement appears in the top border: “THIS DOCUMENT HAS A COLORED BACKGROUND AND MICROPRINTING. THE REVERSE SIDE INCLUDES AN ARTIFICIAL WATERMARK.”
Counterfeit checks presented to date have been made payable in varying amounts and have contained remitter names of Crystal Bearce, Gary Cook, James Edwood, Mark Richards, Daniel Scott, and Eileen Zimmer.
Correspondence accompanying the counterfeit checks may contain a contact name of Richard Rotarious with e-mail addresses of [Rbmt009@gmail.com] or [email@example.com] as well as Christopher Decker with contact information of [firstname.lastname@example.org] and text-only telephone numbers of (214) 935-8253 or (682) 233-0485.