Queensborough NB & T counterfeit cashier's checks
Quessnsborough National Bank & Trust Company
The above-named bank has reported that counterfeit cashier's checks using the bank's routing number of 061103975 are being presented for payment nationwide in connection with various internet scams involving mystery shopping opportunities and lottery winnings.
There are at least two known variations of counterfeit items in circulation, which resemble the bank's authentic item. However, the counterfeit checks may be identified by these traits:
- Variation #1
- The checks are light blue in color and contain a marbled background and dark blue top border.
- The following security statement is located within the top border: "THIS DOCUMENT HAS A COLORED BACKGROUND AND MICROPRINTING. THE REVERSE SIDE INCLUDES AN ARTIFICIAL WATERMARK."
- The bank's logo is in the bottom left-hand portion of the check.
- The remitter line may contain one of the following names: Amracle Shecaniah Bostick–BR6, Adalyn McMurray–BR6, Right on Time Express, LLC–BR6, Cecil Waters, or Scott White-BR6.
- Variation #2
- The checks are light blue in color.
- The following security statement is located within the top border: "WARNING: THIS DOCUMENT HAS SECURITY FEATURES IN THE PAPER."
- A security feature is printed in blue ink along the right border.
- The remitter line may be blank or contain one of the following names: Tom Bruce, Alexei Calvo, Zakiyyah Rochelle Collins, Donielle Doughlas, Collis Maddox, Ally Mahler, Rhonda Shanafeit, or Carlos Smith.
Checks presented to date have generally been made payable in amounts between $1,000 and $5,000; however, at least one item was presented in the amount of $44,000. Mailings may appear to originate from either "Data Flow Systems, Inc., Melbourne, FL" or "Marketforce Inc., Santa Ana, CA."
Potential victims of the mystery shopping gift card scam have received poorly written correspondence accompanying the counterfeit check. The correspondence, which contains the name of a nationally known retailer, instructs the potential victims to confirm receipt of the packet and the deposit of funds by sending an email to Blake Jones at [blakejones99567(at)gmail.com] or a text message to (571) 267-2244. The letter instructs the recipient to retain $300 of the deposited funds for payment and to purchase a $30 cashier's check made payable to the "American Cancer Soceity. [sic]" The majority of the funds are to be used to purchase four gift cards at a well-known retail store for the purported purpose of the victim surveying the conduct of the sales representatives. Following the purchase of the cards, the potential victim is told to scratch the cards to reveal the card numbers and to send photos of each card to the perpetrator. No further instruction is provided in regard to the $30 cashier's check made payable to "American Cancer Soceity. [sic]"