Bankers' Hotline, Volume 17, Number 12
It's the most fraudulent time of the year!
Producing bank records in response to a subpoena just got easier.
In The News
- Financial IQ High in Some Areas, but Needs Help in Others
- Grocery Loyalty Card Linked to Debit
- CBA/BAI Combine Educational Efforts
- Alerting Customers Before Overdraw Occurs
- Visa Introduces Contactless Payment Key Ring
- Barclaycard Offers Card with Multiple Functions
- Investing in Climate Changes
- Canada Sets Chip/PIN Deadline
- ATMs to Dispense Gift Cards
- Center to Monitor, Educate on Global Reg Changes
Pre-employment Background Screening
With almost a third of the employment applications you receive containing falsehoods, pre-employment screening can help minimize the risks and loss to your financial institution.
A new system that helps identify fraud in near real-time can protect your institution from loss.
A new approach to online transaction authentication is being explored in the UK and gaining interest in the U.S.
From the editor's desk
The Sovereign Workplace
"Attitude is everything" is not just a cliche' - it can determine how your personnel and your customers view your workplace.
Questions & Answers
- Limits and Liability of Restrictive Legends
- Alteration Evidence of an Imaged Check
- "Absence of Endorsement" Stamp
- Executive Editor:
- Barbara Hurst
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Genilee S. Parente
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.