Bankers' Hotline, Volume 17, Number 3
Identity Theft Tax Fraud is on the rise with electronic filing, putting your institution and depositors at risk.
Increasing use of prepaid cards and their effect on fraud and money laundering bring pressure from government agencies for stricter controls.
In The News
- Contactless Cards Susceptible
- Charge That Catnip, Please
- Banks Partner to Offer Reward
- UK Phishing Rising Dramatically
- Smart Card Technology Takes a Step Forward
- ATM Consumer Safety Website
- US Consumers Support Biometrics
- Visa Launches Mobile Platform
- Getting In on the Satellite Craze
- Contactless Payments Accepted, but Info Not Farmed Well
- Cards Replace Travelers Checks in UK
Identity Theft Techniques, Part V
In Part V of his training series, Dana Turner continues to explore how your depositors become identity theft victims.
A recent audit revealed that one government agency vastly underreported the number of NSL's they served over the last three years.
Depositing checks remotely from customer's desktops now being offered by many financial institutions.
From the editor's desk
Ask For a Transfer
You might want to consider a transfer if you've become tired and uninspired in your current position.
Questions & Answers
- Unauthorized ACH Transfers
- EFT Payment Reversal
- Preventing Fraudulent Account Activity
- Elder Financial Abuse Training Requirements
- Altering Official Signage
- Military Lending Fee Limits
- Executive Editor:
- Barbara Hurst
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Genilee S. Parente
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.