Bankers' Hotline, Volume 17, Number 5
Consumers are calling for changes to the new bankruptcy law while bankers want more time to prove the laws are working.
FinCEN delays implementation of revised SAR forms.
In The News
- FDIC Issues Security Alert
- UK Banks Censured for Dumping Data
- Youth Not Hot for Web Banking
- The Price for Stolen Info: Cheap
- Remote Business Depositing
- Visa Working with 7-11 on Reload Program
- Savings Higher in Electronic Accounts
- Don't Forget to Secure Telephone Banking
- StartABank Holds Annual Series
The True Cost of Training
Think you can't afford employee training and development? You can't afford not to!
One credit card issuer is educating its consumers on how to avoid fees and preserve good interest rates.
In less technologically-advanced countries, card and check fraud decreases but online bank fraud is on the rise.
From the editor's desk
"This Must Be a Bank Error…"
"To err is human..." and financial institutions aren't exempt from 'goofing up'.
Questions & Answers
- CTR Completions, Exemptions, Backfiling and Where to Get Answers
- Section 314a Search on Non Accountholder
- Executive Editor:
- Barbara Hurst
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Genilee S. Parente
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.