Bankers' Hotline, Volume 18, Number 11
FinCEN Announces Final Rule on CTR Exemptions
FinCEN's final rule on CTR exemptions simplifies the current requirements for depository institutions to exempt their eligible customers.
The AARP reports on the positive impact reverse mortgages are having on senior borrowers.
A 'profitable' solution to the proliferation of fire arms is tested in two major cities.
In The News
- Offering Free Billing Services Costing Banks
- Visa Allows Unembossed Cards in US
- Consumers Unaware of Protections
- Senior Citizens/Offspring Don't Talk
- Nevada Law Requires Encryption
- Using Pictures to Authenticate
- Talking It Out
- Verification by Phone
Preparation for Disaster: Part II
Disaster preparation and recovery - personally as well as professionally - is the key to survival during a crisis.
New software allows mobile phones with camera capabilities to act as remote deposit devices.
Electronic payments have overtaken checks and cash.
From the editor's desk
Another Act by Congress to Worry About
The US Treasury is being charged with violating the rights of the visually-impaired.
Questions & Answers
- SSN Verification
- Designated Authority for Preparation of Red Flags Policy
- Faxed Copies of Checks
- Release of Information Upon Death of Depositor
- Executive Editor:
- Barbara Hurst
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Genilee S. Parente
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.