Bankers' Hotline, Volume 21, Number 6
Advancing technology and the growth in social media is changing the financial industry and the way consumers view banking.
Small businesses are slowly migrating more and more to electronic payments.
In The News
- ABA Extends Insurance to Social Networking
- U.S. Retiring Social Security Paper Checks
- Feds Offer Free Courses
- Concept Bank Opens in Greece
- New Service Allows Direct Gifts From Merchants
- ACH Payments Continue to Grow
- Putting "Teller" Back in ATM
- Taking the Card Away from ATM
- Banks Should Appeal to Social Media Moms
- Gift Cards for Paying Bills
How to Handle Threatening Phone Calls
Threatening phone calls must be taken seriously and properly evaluated, and call takers need proper trainining on how to handle these stressful situations.
Many consumers shy aware from mobile banking and other technology simply because they don't know enough about it.
ING consumers now have a new way to make P2P payments.
From the editor's desk
Data Breach Notification Rules Are Long Overdue
In the absence of federal legislation, individual states have run amuck with data breach notification requirements.
Questions & Answers
- Executive Editor:
- Barbara Hurst
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Genilee S. Parente
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.