Bankers' Hotline, Volume 23, Number 2
Long-awaited final rules released by the IRS in January enforce a law passed in 2010 designed to fight tax evasion via offshore accounts.
A new compliance tool is available to help financial institutions around the world comply with new FATCA provisions.
In The News
- Cyber Risks Are Leading Concern
- Old-fashioned Theft Still Flourishing
- Regulation Driving Community Banks to Merge
- SMB Employment and Economic Outlook
- President Signs Information Bills
- Cities to Share Info with Bureau
- Mobile Banking Adoption Rising
- Vending Machines to Accept Mobile Payments
- Paying While Flying
- Capturing Receipts on the Go
FDIC Amends Section 19
Guidelines for Completing the New SAR Form
Significant updates made to FinCEN's Information Technology systems require the use of new SAR and CTR forms effective in March.
Consumer satisfaction with banks vs credit unions is steadily improving.
Employees at Discover are helping the company test out a new biometric payment system.
From the editor's desk
Finally, a Better SAR
As you prepare for the new SAR and CTR forms to be filed begining in March, it's a good time to reflect on the importance of the SAR filing process.
Questions & Answers
- Titling Representative Payee Accounts
- Safe Procedures for Exit Interviews
- Alternatives to Inked Fingerprinting
- Incident Response Plans
- Executive Director:
- Barbara Hurst
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Genilee S. Parente
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.