Bankers' Hotline, Volume 23, Number 3
The FFIEC has issued a proposed rule providing guidelines to financial institutions when using social media channels.
President Obama's cybersecurity plan focuses on information sharing and the establishment of cybersecurity standards.
In The News
- Banks Under Attack
- Major Cybercrime Ring Taken Down
- Fed Embarking on Payments Study
- Playing to Learn
- Combining Traditional and New Channels
- Faster Online Identification
- Biometric Customer Verification
- Mobile Cash Dispensing Network
- One-Touch Payments
- A Tweet Way to Pay
- Cardless ATM Transactions
FinCEN and Regulators to Focus on Banks for Money Laundering Violations
Cyber Crime Trends in Banking
Significant updates made to FinCEN's Information Technology systems require the use of new SAR and CTR forms effective in March.
Consumer satisfaction with banks vs credit unions is steadily improving.
Employees at Discover are helping the company test out a new biometric payment system.
From the editor's desk
With all of the focus on data breaches and anti-hacking technologies, don't overlook this very basic modus operandi for identity theft.
Questions & Answers
- Mobile Banking Risks
- Joint CD Pledged as Collateral
- What is Terrorist Financing?
- Reporting Income Tax Violations
- When FBI Background Checks are Challenged
- Executive Director:
- Barbara Hurst
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Genilee S. Parente
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.