Bankers' Hotline, Volume 26, Number 7
Despite what some industry surveys report and the security measures that are being taken to protect ATMs, skimming remains the top threat for all ATM owners and deployers.
The CFPB's proposed changes to Reg P would exempt some financial institutions from sending annual privacy notices.
In The News
- CFPB Proposes Arbitration Rule
- OCC Supports CRA Efforts
- Fed Highlights Financial Education
- Special ATMs for Special Needs
New Solution Simplifies and Improves Operations
Understand the Transaction
Training front line staff to read a check or understand a transaction can mitigate check fraud and other fraud loss at the front line.
Pass on some valuable resources for your military customers during July's Military Consumer Protection Month.
The ATMIA has launched an initiative to help those affected by disasters get quick access to cash.
Focus on Fraud
- Risk Mitigation for Payment Networks
- Fed IT Controls Are Weak
- IRS Security Vulnerable to Fraud
- Helping Customers Fight Card Fraud
- Hi-Tech Protection for Elders
From the editor's desk
Let Others Play in Your Sandbox
Bank security systems could be valuable to other departments in the institution.
Questions & Answers
- Nigerian and Romance Scams
- The Value of SARs in Fraud Investigations
- Requirements for Identification Field CTRs
- Providing Copy of SAR in Response to a Subpoena
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Teri Wesley
- Executive Editor:
- Barbara Hurst
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.