Bankers' Hotline, Volume 29, Number 5
The banking industry and lawmakers are pushing for legislation to provide the financial industry with legal authority to service the growing CRB industry.
In The News
- Proposed Debt Collection Rules
- The Fed on Cross-Border ACH Payments
- CFPB Solicits Input on Remittance Rule
- CFPB’s Review of the Overdraft Rule
Proactive Anti-Skimming Solutions
Surveillance Footage: That was Then, This is Now
Advancements in CCTV technology have come a long way and, when used properly, can deter a bank robber and aid law enforcement in the quick apprehension of suspects.
With no federal privacy law in place, states are taking active measures to protect consumer data.
In recent testimony to the Banking committee, FDIC Chairman McWilliams outlined the agency’s efforts to strengthen regulatory oversight of the institutions it oversees.
Focus on Fraud
- ID Theft Guide for Consumers
- Cybercriminals Targeting Senior Execs
- Venzulean Money Laundering Alert
- CEO Embezzled Millions from (Now Failed) Credit Union
From the editor's desk
The Ever-Evolving Relationship Between Law Enforcement and Bank Security
While the relationship between private security and law enforcement has evolved, collaboration between the two groups is essential to safeguard the nation, its people, our institutions, and our assets.
Questions & Answers
- Agencies Investigating Financial Crimes
- Deadlines for Filing SARs
- Sentencing Guidelines for Bank Robbery
- Nailed It for a Cause
- Building Up Boys and Girls
- Teaching Students to Save
- Campaign to End Cancer
- Empowering Low-Income Neighborhoods
Copyright © 2019 Bankers' Hotline. Originally appeared in Bankers' Hotline Vol. 29, No. 5, 5/28/19
- James Beveridge
- Contributing Editor:
- Teri Wesley
- Editor Emeritus:
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.