Bankers' Hotline, Volume 30, Number 12
As the financial industry continues to experience increased competition from big firms, fintech, and other digital disruptors, we highlight some of the top digital banking trends for 2021 banks need to include in their digital banking strategy to remain relevant.
In The News
Safer ATM Access
Employee Malfeasance During the COVID-19 Pandemic
In the midst of an ongoing pandemic and with new normals in (and outside) the workplace, new opportunities for internal fraud are emerging.
The FDIC has proposed a rule to amend SAR regulations to permit additional, case-by-case exemptions from SAR filing requirements.
The FATF has released a report highlighting evolving financial crime risks as the pandemic has progressed.
Focus on Fraud
- Joint Agency Proposal on Cyber Incident Reporting
- Sophisticated Mobile Banking Fraud Operation Stole Millions
- Massive Unemployment Benefits Fraud
From the editor's desk
Why Leaders Need to Take a Break
When leaders take much-needed breaks, they become better leaders and their entire teams benefit.
Questions & Answers
- Mobile Check Deposited at Another Bank
- Liability for Minor's Card Charges
- Camera Footage Request Without a Subpoena
- Debt Collector Harrassing a Customer
- Jim Beveridge
- Contributing Editor:
- Teri Wesley
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.
P. Kevin Smith