Tech Talk: FinCEN warning, breach response, speech recognition, and more!
- FinCEN warns of SAR leak, theft
- Banking Circle introduces 'POBO' service
- 9 of 10 IT pros have faced a data breach
- Starling Bank launches Kite cards for kids
- Speech recognition for secure payments
- How to respond to a data breach
- AML compliance solutions on AWS
- A banking digital war room
- Keep cash machines replenished with AI
- Spam, Scams & Breaches
- Updates, Patches & Alerts
- and on the lighter side...
FinCEN warns of SAR leak, theft
FinCEN warned that a number of unnamed news agencies are on the cusp of publishing a series of stories about a leak or theft tied to suspicious activity reports (SARs). ACFCS has the details.
Banking Circle introduces 'POBO' service
Financial infrastructure provider, Banking Circle, is tackling the compliance and reconciliation issues often faced in global B2B payments with its new Payments on Behalf of (POBO) and Collections on Behalf of (COBO) solutions. Finextra has the details.
9 of 10 IT pros have faced a data breach
In a survey, 40% of respondents named employee data breaches as the biggest overall threat to information security in the coming year, while a 21% said external attacks from cybercriminals are the biggest risk to information security, and 20% believe it is ransomware/malware attacks. Just 6 percent of those surveyed said they had never knowingly experienced a data breach. Help Net Security has the details.
Bank launches debit card for kids
Starling bank has launched a debit card for children. Parents, whether using a personal or joint account, receive notifications whenever their child spends money and they can also check, control and limit specific functions such as online payments and ATM withdrawals. Finextra has the details.
Speech recognition for secure payments
PCI Pal announced the addition of speech recognition capability for its payment solutions. When payment is required, the customer can now speak their credit card details, as well as use their telephone keypad, when prompted by an agent or IVR to do so. To ensure security when sensitive data is spoken on a live call, PCI Pal prevents the caller’s voice from reaching an agent. Help Net Security has the details.
How to respond to a data breach
How a financial institution responds to a data breach — whether or not it was their fault — can make or break its reputation. It's never going to be an ideal situation but take some notes on some good practices to get through the event. TechCrunch has the details.
AML compliance solutions on AWS
BAE Systems announced a new AML offering created on Amazon Web Services (AWS). The solution is supported by the availability, reliability and security of AWS and offers banks and financial institutions the opportunity to quickly stand up an affordable integrated financial crime regulatory compliance solution. Help Net Security has the details.
A banking digital war room
Using the right technologies in the right setting – like a digital war room, with everything laid out in front of them – is critical in helping banks nail and then automate the processes that trip them up. Process analytics can help to deliver insights from data that already exists within a financial organization, of which legacy banks have plenty. FinTech Futures has the details.
Keep cash machines replenished with AI
HSBC in Hong Kong is using an AI-based cash withdrawal forecasting tool to make sure that its network of 1200 ATMs don't run out of money. The new tool uses live ATM data and predictive machine-learning algorithms that factor in seasonality, holidays, public events, location and recent withdrawal trends to calculate how much money is needed and where. Finextra has the details.
Spams, Scams, and Breaches
- Dark Reading: Warner Music Group Admits Breach
- TechRepublic: New Python-based trojan targets financial tech firms to steal sensitive data
- TechRepublic: Phishing attack baits victims by promising access to quarantined emails
- SecurityWeek.Com: The Evolution of Phishing: Welcome "Vishing"
- Threatpost: Python-based Spy RAT Emerges to Target FinTech
- Finextra: Chile's BancoEstado shuts down branch network after ransomware attack
- FinTech Futures: Chile's BancoEstado falls victim to ransomware attack
- Threatpost: Zeppelin Ransomware Returns with New Trojan on Board
- Dark Reading: Inova Suffers Third-Party Data Breach
Updates, Patches, and Alerts...
- US-CERT: Current Activity
- SecurityWeek.Com: Cisco Patches Critical Vulnerability in Jabber for Windows
- Krebs on Security: Microsoft Patch Tuesday, Sept. 2020 Edition
- Computerworld: Beaucoup bugs beset this month’s Windows patches
- SecurityWeek.Com: Android's September 2020 Patches Fix Critical System Vulnerabilities
- SecurityWeek.Com: Critical Access Control Vulnerability Patched in SAP Marketing
- SecurityWeek.Com: Intel Releases Firmware Updates to Patch Critical Vulnerability in AMT, ISM
See what other current hot cyber and technology topics affecting financial institutions BOL users are discussing in the Technology Forum.
And on the lighter side...
We've all had to call tech support and jump through hoops to get a peron on the phone. Sometimes you are successful. Sometimes not. IT Tech Support
First published on 09/11/2020