Tech Talk: Fintech and augmented reality, ransomware recovery, a cashless world, and more!
- Banking and AI
- Pandemic fraud prevention
- Fighting payments fraud in the cloud
- Exploiting Unpatched Microsoft Bugs
- Fintech and augmented reality
- Safety in the cloud
- 5 steps to ransomware recovery
- A cashless world is coming
- Fraudsters capitalize on Covid
- Spam, Scams & Breaches
- Updates, Patches & Alerts
- and on the lighter side...
Banking and AI
Banks must urgently deploy technology that can support greater automation and efficiency and improve productivity. They are required to rapidly scale up operations whilst developing new digital products and processes in highly compressed timeframes. This is where AI comes in. Finextra has the details.
Pandemic fraud prevention
Overall, through vigilance and education of high-risk employees and heavily integrated business partners, enterprise security teams can use lessons learned from previous crises to navigate the pandemic with minimal disruption, ultimately mitigating security and fraud risks within an organization. Dark Reading has the details.
Fighting payments fraud in the cloud
A discussion of payment trends and strategies for leveraging machine learning, data lakes, and analytics to help FIs provide a frictionless customer experience, while also preventing illegitimate transactions and protecting consumers—as well as their own bottom line. Finextra has the details.
Exploiting Unpatched Microsoft Bugs
At the bottom of this briefing, you will see a large number of threats this week. Adding to that, the U.S. government is warning that Chinese threat actors have successfully compromised several government and private sector entities in recent months, by exploiting vulnerabilities in F5 BIG-IP devices, Citrix and Pulse Secure VPNs and Microsoft Exchange servers. Threatpost has the details.
Fintech and augmented reality
All in all, the augmented reality (AR) with the addition of virtual reality (VR) can actually enhance a good number of experiences that will aid future fintech development. It can optimize processes, let designers draw up sketches right in front of you via virtual meetings, enhance data analysis tools, data visualization, and much more. Finextra has the details.
Safety in the cloud
Cloud services providers — at least the big ones — have made significant security improvements in recent years and are more resistant to data breaches than large enterprise organizations. Dark Reading has the details.
5 steps to ransomware recovery
While there is a lot of discussion about preventing ransomware from affecting your business, the best practices for recovering from an attack are a little harder to pin down. Help Net Security has the details.
A cashless world is coming
COVID-19 has seen consumers across the world ditch cash and in-person shopping in favor of online spending, according to Standard Chartered’s latest global survey. Finextra has the details.
Fraudsters capitalize on Covid
Impersonation scams in the UK increased by 84% in 2020 as fraudsters sought to exploit confusion around the COVID-19 pandemic. A favorite tactic was to impersonate a trusted financial institution. Keep alert for this type of fraud. FinTech Futures has the details.
Spams, Scams, and Breaches
- SecurityWeek.Com: Russian Hackers Target U.S. Campaigns, Parties: Microsoft
- CNET: Razer leak exposes thousands of customers' private data
- SecurityWeek.Com: Data Center Provider Equinix Hit by Ransomware
- SecurityWeek.Com: Development Bank of Seychelles Hit by Ransomware
- CISA: Chinese Ministry of State Security-Affiliated Cyber Threat Actor Activity
- SecurityWeek.Com: Attacks Targeting Recent WordPress File Manager Flaw Ramping Up
- Threatpost: Magecart Attack Impacts More Than 10K Online Shoppers
- CNET: Veterans' Social Security numbers leaked in data breach
- SecurityWeek.Com: Personal Information of 46,000 U.S. Veterans Exposed in Data Breach
- SecurityWeek.Com: Title
Updates, Patches, and Alerts...
- US-CERT: Current Activity
- CISA: Iran-Based Threat Actor Exploits VPN Vulnerabilities
- Threatpost: WordPress Plugin Flaw Allows Attackers to Send Forged Emails
- Dark Reading: CISA Issues Alert for Microsoft Netlogon Vulnerability
- Threatpost: Windows Exploit Released For Microsoft ‘Zerologon’ Flaw
See what other current hot cyber and technology topics affecting financial institutions BOL users are discussing in the Technology Forum.
And on the lighter side...
The customer is always right. Well...everybody needs to vent and most people like a funny story. This website has a collection of anonymized banking stories, many from the perspective of the customer service department. NotAlwaysRight.com
First published on 09/18/2020