Tech Talk: B2B payments, touchless biometrics, a crypto push, and more!
- Slash digital banking go-to-market time
- On-demand mobile banking app
- Creating connections: the future for banking
- B2B payments: The real digital revolution
- A touchless biometric authentication app
- Helping FIs transition to the cloud
- Opportunities in open finance
- Citi sits on the cusp of a crypto push
- Digitizing trade finance: the next frontier
- Spam, Scams & Breaches
- Updates, Patches & Alerts
- and on the lighter side...
Slash digital banking go-to-market time
Smaller banking teams spend a lot of time and money on a journey to market, just to discover that a competitor has got there first and offers it better. Too late they find their offerings do not compete within the market, and users are experiencing better services from competitors. There are a number of factors which rank highly for go-to market time with banks. Fintech Futures has the details.
On-demand mobile banking app
MovoCash, Inc., a California-based Fintech company, announced today the launch of a first-of-its-kind On-Demand Mobile Banking ("ODMB") app with end-to-end contactless payments in partnership with Mastercard and Coastal Community Bank. Finextra has the details.
Creating connections: the future for banking
Often the banking sector is an area where people don't expect customer service to excel, but there is an opportunity for the industry to create real connections by combining the best technology and the best people. Fintech Futures has the details.
B2B payments: The real digital revolution
The digital native fintechs and banks that pioneered digitalizing consumer payments have now set their sights on businesses' banking and payments, as it is more lucrative and can help them on the path to profitability. Finextra has the details.
A touchless biometric authentication app
MobileAuth's fast, touchless biometric user authentication – using a palm scan – works with any Android or iOS device to provide the unprecedented combination of a simple, privacy-protected, and convenient user experience with the identity integrity and availability that enterprises require. Help Net Security has the details.
Helping FIs transition to the cloud
IBM and EY have joined forces to create a center of excellence dedicated to helping financial institutions accelerate their digital transformations with hybrid cloud solutions. Finextra has the details.
Opportunities in open finance
Envestnet | Yodlee hosted a discussion with FinTech Futures and three financial sector experts to explore the open finance landscape and draw comparisons with its older sibling – open banking. Fintech Futures has the details.
Citi sits on the cusp of a crypto push
Citi is weighing offering its clients cryptocurrency trading, custody and financing options. The bank, in a 108-page March report, wrote it thinks Bitcoin is at a "tipping point of mainstream acceptance or a speculative implosion. Banking Dive has the details.
Digitizing trade finance: the next frontier
One of the critical problems in trade finance is the sheer volume of paper-based documents on which the information flow is based. Service providers, financial institutions and many companies within the supply chain are seeking to streamline processes and reduce transaction time and cost. Fintech Futures has the details.
Spams, Scams, and Breaches
- Dark Reading: 85% of Data Breaches Involve Human Interaction
- Help Net Security: Organizations using Microsoft 365 experience more breaches, with more severe impacts
- SecurityWeek.Com: City of Chicago Hit by Data Breach at Law Firm Jones Day
- Threatpost: 200K Veterans’ Med Records May Have Been Stolen by Ransomware Gang
- CISA: DarkSide Ransomware: Best Practices for Preventing Business Disruption from Ransomware Attacks
- TechRepublic: Microsoft 365 email data breaches take center stage amid WFH in a new report
- SecurityWeek.Com: University of California Confirms Personal Information Stolen in Cyberattack
- Dark Reading: Most Organizations Feel More Vulnerable to Breaches Amid Pandemic
- SecurityWeek.Com: Cyberattack Forces Shutdown of Major U.S. Pipeline
Updates, Patches, and Alerts...
- US-CERT: Current Activity
- SecurityWeek.Com: Citrix Patches Vulnerability in Workspace App for Windows
- The Record: Osiris banking trojan shuts down as new Ares variant emerges
- SecurityWeek.Com: Inside The UK's Active Cyber Defense Program
- Threatpost: Wormable Windows Bug Opens Door to DoS, RCE
- SecurityWeek.Com: Siemens Addresses 60 Vulnerabilities Introduced by Third-Party Components
- Krebs on Security: Microsoft Patch Tuesday, May 2021 Edition
- SecurityWeek.Com: SAP Patches High-Severity Flaws in Business One, NetWeaver Products
- Help Net Security: May 2021 Patch Tuesday: Adobe fixes exploited Reader 0-day, Microsoft patches 55 holes
- SecurityWeek.Com: FragAttacks: New Vulnerabilities Expose All Devices With Wi-Fi to Attacks
- Threatpost: TeaBot Trojan Targets Banks via Hijacked Android Handsets
- SecurityWeek.Com: Google Patches 19 Vulnerabilities With Chrome 90 Update
- Dark Reading: Adobe Issues Patch for Acrobat Zero-Day
- SecurityWeek.Com: VMware Patches Critical Flaw Reported by Sanctioned Russian Security Firm
See what other current hot cyber and technology topics affecting financial institutions BOL users are discussing in the Technology Forum.
And on the lighter side...
This ad takes an unexpected turn. Very clearly it wasn't a bank promotion! An unusual account opening.
First published on 05/13/2021