Tech Talk: Digital wallets, ransomware attacks, hyper-personalization, and more!
- Financing for students startup StudentFinance
- Hyper-personalization of loans
- Design as a strategic superpower in banking
- Credit for people with no credit score
- Options for dealing with ransomware attacks
- BaaS empowers brands to offer financial services
- The growing acceptance of digital wallets
- Helping banks compete with fintechs
- Banking from anywhere
- Spam, Scams & Breaches
- Updates, Patches & Alerts
- and on the lighter side...
Financing for students startup StudentFinance
Fintech startup StudentFinance allows educational institutions to offer success-based financing for students. The startup provides the tech back end for institutions to offer flexible payment plans in the form of income-share agreements and also provides data intelligence on the employment market to predict job demand. TechCrunch has the details.
Hyper-personalization of loans
Borrowers do not want to get a loan product. Clients expect to have a tailor-made value proposition based on particular needs. What is today considered to be an excellent approach to solving a client's problem will not be probably valid in six months. Finextra has the details.
Design as a strategic superpower in banking
Fintech brands have been using design to put the customer at the heart of their products and services. Historically, traditional banking firms tended to develop products to meet their own internal processes and operational efficiencies. But this is changing. Fintech Futures has the details.
Credit for people with no credit score
Several big American banks, including JPMorgan Chase, are signed up for a government-backed pilot using alternative data to get credit to people with low or no credit scores, according to the Wall Street Journal. has the details.
Options for dealing with ransomware attacks
IT decision-makers often find themselves stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to dealing with ransomware attacks. If you're not looking to add your company's name to the list of failed negotiations, keep reading to find out some do's and don’ts of planning for ransomware incidents. Help Net Security has the details.
BaaS empowers brands to offer financial services
Digital banking is not new. However, the traditional banking industry is facing significant pressure from rapidly shifting consumer expectations, changing regulations and increasing competition. In the midst of this fast-changing landscape, new business models are arising as fintechs and incumbent banks partner to offer new banking and payment services in the cloud. Finextra has the details.
The growing acceptance of digital wallets
Digital wallet adoption has been steadily growing for a number of years but COVID-19 accelerated the trend for online and in-store payments as merchants' number one priority shifted to increasing acceptance of new payment tools. Fintech Futures has the details.
Helping banks compete with fintechs
Amount, a 400-person company has built what it describes as “battle-tested” retail banking and point-of-sale technology that it claims accelerates digital transformation for financial institutions. TechCrunch has the details.
Banking from anywhere
While digital banking was a substantial part of many strategies prior to the pandemic, the necessity to deliver these offerings happened at an accelerated rate. So, now digital banking and services aren’t only a nice to have, they’re a must. Finance Digest has the details.
Spams, Scams, and Breaches
- Help Net Security: Double-extortion ransomware attacks on the rise
- Threatpost: Scammers Pose as Meal-Kit Services to Steal Customer Data
- Help Net Security: 85% of breaches involve the human element
- Dark Reading: Rapid7 Is the Latest Victim of a Software Supply Chain Breach
- Help Net Security: CrowdStrike Falcon Fusion improves IT efficiency and agility
Updates, Patches, and Alerts...
- US-CERT: Current Activity
- SecurityWeek.Com: PoC Exploit Released for Wormable Windows Vulnerability
- Threatpost: Stalkerware Apps Riddled with Security Bugs
- SecurityWeek.Com: Cisco Patches Code Execution Flaw in VPN Product 6 Months After Disclosure
- Help Net Security: When exploit code precedes a patch, attackers gain a massive head start
- Computerworld: Browser updates are back for the May's Patch Tuesday
- Threatpost: Bizarro Banking Trojan Sports Sophisticated Backdoor
- Dark Reading: 47% of Criminals Buying Exploits Target Microsoft
- SecurityWeek.Com: Researchers Find Exploitable Bugs in Mercedes-Benz Cars
See what other current hot cyber and technology topics affecting financial institutions BOL users are discussing in the Technology Forum.
And on the lighter side...
We've all seen this ad in some form. Again, and again, and yet again. Every Tech Commercial
First published on 05/21/2021