Tech Talk: Proactive analytics, targeted cyberattacks, cloud momentum, and more!
- AI helps FIs grow
- How ATMs have adjusted to COVID-19
- Responding societal trends through BaaS
- Proactive analytics help banks onboard
- How cloud lightens the heavy lifting
- Easing customers' AML/KYC concerns
- Why are cyberattacks tailored to employees?
- Cloud momentum is building in retail banking
- How do modern banks use big data?
- Spam, Scams & Breaches
- Updates, Patches & Alerts
- and on the lighter side...
AI helps FIs grow
Bank executives across the board are now looking to increase their investment in AI for managing credit risk, pushed by the evolving needs of the market and their customers. PYMNTS.com has the details.
How ATMs have adjusted to COVID-19
The pandemic has changed every industry from top to bottom, and the ATM industry is no exception. Even as we begin transitioning into the post-pandemic environment, many of these trends such as increased health standards and more contactless options will still remain. ATM Marketplace has the details.
Responding societal trends through BaaS
Anders Olofsson, Head of Payments, Finastra, speaks about the top drivers for change and disruption in the payments space and the significance of embedded finance. Finextra has the details.
Proactive analytics help banks onboard
Up to half of all bank customers abandon an onboarding process at some point during their lives, meaning it is critical for FIs to strike the right balance between offering convenience and security during sign-up. PYMNTS.com has the details.
How cloud lightens the heavy lifting
The future of cloud-native banking services will revolve around the ability to offer modularity and flexibility, alongside rapid time-to-market and a stable base for scale and innovation. Fintech Futures has the details.
Easing customers' AML/KYC concerns
Businesses looking to improve their anti-money laundering (AML) and know your customer (KYC) protocols are thus faced with a significant challenge when it comes to protecting customers’ privacy. PYMNTS.com has the details.
Cyberattacks are tailored to employees...Why?
Cybercriminals increasingly target specific employees based on real-time factors like tenure, department, and location to make their scams more believable. To safeguard against these threats, security training must be as tailored and sophisticated as attack methods. Dark Reading has the details.
Cloud momentum is building in retail banking
As the COVID-19 crisis continues to play out, the need for banks to transform digitally using cloud is accelerating by the day. Fintech Futures has the details.
How do modern banks use big data?
We have been hearing about big data more and more often. Take a closer look at the tasks tackled by big data in banking and the ways it ensures cyber security and increases customer loyalty. Finextra has the details.
Spams, Scams, and Breaches
- Dark Reading: Carnival Cruise Line Reports Security Breach
- Threatpost: Clop Raid: A Big Win in the War on Ransomware?
- Help Net Security: Unprotected CVS database exposed sensitive customer searches
- Threatpost: Volkswagen Vendor Exposed Data of 3.3m Drivers
- SecurityWeek.Com: Cybersecurity Firm Exposes Breach Database Containing 5 Billion User Records
- Help Net Security: Phishing maintained near-record levels in the first quarter of 2021
- CNN: Hackers breach Electronic Arts, stealing game source code and tools
- Threatpost: Monumental Supply-Chain Attack on Airlines Traced to State Actor
- TechRepublic: McDonald's suffers cyberattack in US, South Korea and Taiwan
- Threatpost: REvil Hits US Nuclear Weapons Contractor: Report
Updates, Patches, and Alerts...
- US-CERT: Current Activity
- SecurityWeek.Com: Google Confirms Sixth Zero-Day Chrome Attack in 2021
- Threatpost: Cisco Smart Switches Riddled with Security Holes
- SecurityWeek.Com: Security Camera Feeds Exposed Due to Flaw in SDK Used by Many Vendors
- Threatpost: Apple Hurries Patches for Safari Bugs Under Active Attack
- TechRepublic: Microsoft product vulnerabilities reached a new high of 1,268 in 2020
- Help Net Security: Ransomware attackers are leveraging old SonicWall SRA flaw (CVE-2019-7481)
- Threatpost: Chrome Browser Bug Under Active Attack
- PCWorld: Nvidia ending support for Windows 7, 8, and older 'Kepler' GPUs
- Threatpost: STEM Audio Table Rife with Business-Threatening Bugs
- SecurityWeek.Com: GitHub Discloses Details of Easy-to-Exploit Linux Vulnerability
- Computerworld: 6 zero-days make this a 'Patch Now' Patch Tuesday
See what other current hot cyber and technology topics affecting financial institutions BOL users are discussing in the Technology Forum.
And on the lighter side...
Many of us have become accustomed to our virtual world, but what would it look like if computer issues were real? We're glad you asked. If Computer Problems Were Real
First published on 06/18/2021