Tech Talk: Relevant banking, passwordless payments, alternative data, and more!
- The convergence of fintech & banking
- Fintech communities: The future of banking?
- Virtual, live chat for banks
- Banking-as-a-Service disrupting an industry
- Harnessing the power of alternative data
- Crypto for real-time payments?
- Alternative payments methods & facial recognition
- 'Relevant banking' increases banks' bottom line
- Passwordless payments must overcome consumer snub
- Spam, Scams & Breaches
- Updates, Patches & Alerts
- and on the lighter side...
The convergence of fintech & banking
Automating your internal loan process is good but is only part of the job. The goal should be a great experience for business borrowers from the application on. The Financial Brand has the details.
Fintech communities: The future of banking?
Community fintech companies have to maintain a balance between innovation, machine learning and ensuring their members and customers do not miss out on the human touch. The Fintech Times has the details.
Virtual, live chat for banks
Clinc's platform uses natural language processing to understand how customers talk and can understand both slang and context. With more complex inquiries, the virtual banking tool can transfer interactions to customer service representatives through Glia's live chat. ATM Marketplace has the details.
Banking-as-a-Service disrupting an industry
Vodeno is transforming the financial services industry, offering instant access to the most comprehensive cloud-native banking-as-a-service platform available on the market. The Fintech Times has the details.
Harnessing the power of alternative data
Alternative data sets include credit card transaction data, mobile device data, IoT sensor data, satellite imagery, social media sentiment, product reviews, weather data, web traffic, and app usage. Financial institutions are using this data to make more informed investment or credit decisions. Finextra has the details.
Crypto for real-time payments?
Technology is not the gating issue to making payments cheaper, faster and more transparent to consumers when it comes to moving money cross-border — the gating factor is regulation. PYMNTS.com has the details.
Alternative payments methods & facial recognition
The Fintech Times Podcast team speak on Alternative Payment Methods, taking a focus on online checkouts as well as discussing the recent findings from a face biometrics provider. The Fintech Times has the details.
'Relevant banking' increases banks' bottom line
More and more, banks, fintechs, and enterprises are sharing data they have about users – so they can offer consumers personalized options that serve their unique needs and circumstances. Banking Dive has the details.
Passwordless payments must overcome consumer snub
Fast ID Online (FIDO) authentication protocol debuted back in 2012 and promised us a future where we wouldn't have to use passwords. Nearly a decade in, it seems to be proving that gaining widespread adoption isn't as easy as that old adage — build it and they will come — might imply. PYMNTS.com< has the details.
Spams, Scams, and Breaches
- SecurityWeek.Com: North American Propane Distributor 'Superior Plus' Discloses Ransomware Attack
- Threatpost: Kronos Ransomware Outage Drives Widespread Payroll Chaos
- SecurityWeek.Com: Officials: Virginia IT Agency Hit With Ransomware Attack
- Threatpost: 400 Banks’ Customers Targeted with Anubis Trojan
- TechRepublic: New Microsoft Exchange credential stealing malware could be worse than phishing
- SecurityWeek.Com: Recent Ransomware Trends Reinforce the Need for Cyber Hygiene, Collaboration
- TechRepublic: Just in time for Christmas, Kronos payroll and HR cloud software goes offline due to ransomware
Updates, Patches, and Alerts...
- US-CERT: Current Activity
- CIO Dive: Security teams prepare for the years-long threat Log4j poses
- Threatpost: ‘DarkWatchman’ RAT Shows Evolution in Fileless Malware
- SecurityWeek.Com: Google Says NSO Pegasus Zero-Click 'Most Technically Sophisticated Exploit Ever Seen'
- SecurityWeek.Com: CISA Expands 'Must-Patch' List With Log4j, FortiOS, Other Vulnerabilities
- SecurityWeek.Com: Adobe Joins Security Patch Tuesday Frenzy
- Threatpost: Actively Exploited Microsoft Zero-Day Allows App Spoofing, Malware Delivery
- Krebs on Security: Microsoft Patch Tuesday, December 2021 Edition
- Threatpost: Apple iOS Update Fixes Cringey iPhone 13 Jailbreak Exploit
- SecurityWeek.Com: SAP Patches Log4Shell Vulnerability in 20 Applications
- Threatpost: Apache’s Fix for Log4Shell Can Lead to DoS Attacks
- CNN: The Log4j security flaw could impact the entire internet. Here's what you should know
See what other current hot cyber and technology topics affecting financial institutions BOL users are discussing in the Technology Forum.
And on the lighter side...
In this season of giving, you may have received a request for electronics. This video could explain the need. Expensive Technology Fails
First published on 12/17/2021